The main difficulty I had with using blogger was that I could only comment on other people’s blogs if they used blogger which was used by few people in the class. However, the benefits to updating the blog was that it was something different. Rather than just doing bookwork or review packets, we were able to go online and make something of our own while still learning.
While making my blog posts, I gained a new perspective on math. Rather than just looking at a problem to solve it, I worked through and learned the steps it takes to get to the answer. Also, I was able to see multiple ways in which math is used in the real world which was beneficial since now I know what I learn and class can actually be applied to life.
The YouTube video was a different experience. Making our own math problem was fun and it was interesting to see that I can come up with math problems of my own to solve. The video itself was a different type of project I have never done before however I was no pro so filming, editing, and uploading the video had some difficulties.
This was the first time I have ever done a portion of a class online. I thought it was a nice way to still learn and practice math without using a book. Next year I think it might be beneficial to do a few more online assignments. I felt we didn’t really use this portion of the course but what we did do was very beneficial.
Since I could only comment on people’s blogs if they used blogger, it was difficult to comment since very few people used blogger. However, I did enjoy looking at my peers work because I was able to see even more different problems than if I had only looked at my own blog.
While making my blog posts, I gained a new perspective on math. Rather than just looking at a problem to solve it, I worked through and learned the steps it takes to get to the answer. Also, I was able to see multiple ways in which math is used in the real world which was beneficial since now I know what I learn and class can actually be applied to life.
The YouTube video was a different experience. Making our own math problem was fun and it was interesting to see that I can come up with math problems of my own to solve. The video itself was a different type of project I have never done before however I was no pro so filming, editing, and uploading the video had some difficulties.
This was the first time I have ever done a portion of a class online. I thought it was a nice way to still learn and practice math without using a book. Next year I think it might be beneficial to do a few more online assignments. I felt we didn’t really use this portion of the course but what we did do was very beneficial.
Since I could only comment on people’s blogs if they used blogger, it was difficult to comment since very few people used blogger. However, I did enjoy looking at my peers work because I was able to see even more different problems than if I had only looked at my own blog.
Like you, I couldn't comment on people's blogs who didn't use blogger, which was a hindrance to my blogging experience. Our YouTube video was a little rough because we are not pros. Also, I agree it was cool to create our own math problem, just like Mr. Hill has been encouraging us to do while in line for Space Mountain.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on how cool it is being able to come up with and solve our own problems. I’m sorry to hear that you encountered some difficulties while trying to comment on another people’s blog. I also think that it was nice to not only have to do math problems from a textbook but instead gain the ability to look at math through an online/blog perspective. You did a wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteI️ shared the same difficultly as you with being able to post comments. I️ think for the future this class should use all of the same blog sites to make for a less confusing process. Great job with your projects Kelsey!
ReplyDeleteI also had a lot of trouble commenting on other people's posts! I wish everyone just used the same website generators to allow a more seamless commenting system and also make it easier to ask other classmates for helps and tips! I also was unfamiliar with the YouTubing lifestyle, and came across difficulties! If you ever have an assignment like this again, (or have a new taste for the YT life), I actually found that going to Youtube and watching technique and tip videos was suuuper helpful! Check some out next time!! Yas, I also liked looking at others blogs for the same reasons- to get exposure to problems I never would've seen before! Great job on your blog! Your ability to rise against adversity is inspiring!
ReplyDelete